This article was written in collaboration with Singtel Dash. All views expressed in this article are the independent opinion of DollarsAndSense.sg based on our research. DollarsAndSense.sg is not liable for any financial losses that may arise from any transactions and readers are encouraged to do their own due diligence. You can view our full editorial policy here.
In a previous article, we wrote about how Dash PET by Etiqa Insurance — that’s short for Protect, Earn and Transact — allows us to earn up to 1.5%* p.a. interest on our savings. On top of earning one of the highest interest rates on our savings, we can also do more with our money and our Dash account with the Singtel Dash app.
For the uninitiated, Dash is a handy all-in-one mobile e-wallet from which you can pay, remit, save and get insured. In addition, Dash users can rack up Dash reward points while they shop, dine, commute and remit.
For those who have gotten your savings covered with Dash PET, here are some useful hacks to fully optimise your Dash account.
#1 Sign Up For The Complimentary Insurance
With Dash PET, not only can you get complimentary Death & Total and Permanent Disability* add-on protection for the first year of your Dash PET policy, but doing so will also boost your returns by 0.2%* p.a. If you put in $10,000 without withdrawing from the policy, this translates to an additional $20 over your first policy year.
Here’s what to do: First, login to your Singtel Dash app to check your eligibility for the insurance.
Opt in and activate the free protection to earn 1.5%* p.a. (up from the existing 1.3%* p.a. returns on your first $10,000 Dash PET savings during the first policy year).
Plus, don’t forget the complimentary insurance coverage for one year that’s worth up to $50,000*, as well as Dash PET’s existing free life protection of 105% account value and Financial Assistance Benefit for COVID-19, including vaccine side effects.
You can also activate more add-on protection plans such as Major Cancer, Death & TPD or Accidental Death, with premiums starting from $0.02 a day. These will further boost your Dash PET earnings, up to 0.25%^ p.a. additional interest per policy on the first $10,000 of your Dash PET account value.
#2 Keep Your Dash Wallet Funds In Dash PET
With Dash PET, you can now ensure each and every dollar is earning interest, making your money work harder for you.
A simple hack is to keep your Dash wallet funds in Dash PET until you need to use them. So, if your friends use Dash to transfer money to you, moving those idle funds from the Dash wallet to your Dash PET account can immediately put them to work.
It’s quick and easy to transfer funds from your Dash wallet to Dash PET, and vice versa. You just need a minimum of $1 for the transfer.
If you have boosted your interest rate as with hack #1, each dollar can now earn you 1.5 cents a year. It may seem little, but you’d be up by $150 in your first Dash PET policy year, assuming you maintain $10,000 in your Dash PET account with no withdrawals.
In addition, Dash PET is also capital guaranteed and there is no lock-in period.
#3 Get Free 1GB Mobile Data Every Month
Existing Singtel mobile subscribers stand to get a sweetened deal of free extra 1GB local data each month when they pay their Singtel bill via Dash. This applies for all personal lines on XO Plus, Combo or SIM Only plans. If you’re not yet a Singtel mobile subscriber, this could be one reason to consider to maximise all the features of Dash.
To pay your Singtel bill with Dash, just select Dash as the payment mode when paying from the My Singtel app or scan the QR code on your bill to get your free 1GB local data.
#4 Earn Dash Reward Points For Spending And Remittance
For every dollar spent via Dash, you can earn up to 6 Dash reward points*.
How can you earn Dash reward points?
|Dash reward points||2 points per dollar spent||4 points per dollar spent||6 points per dollar spent||50 points per remittance|
|Monthly spend to reach tier||< S$ 50.00||S$ 50.00 to S$ 299.00||≥ S$ 300.00||N/A|
*Note: Points expire 1 year from the date of issuance. Some exclusions apply. Please refer to dash.com.sg/rewards for more information.
Start earning Dash reward points by paying for everyday things and your daily trips (bus, train and taxi rides) via the Dash app, which is seamlessly integrated with Visa. All you need to do is to make contactless payments using your Dash Visa Virtual Card – which you can also use for your online shopping by keying in your unique 16-digit Visa card number when you checkout items – or scan a Dash/FavePay/PayNow QR code.
You can also easily send loved ones a cash gift via the Singtel Dash app, which allows you to remit money to friends and family in 7 countries (Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, India, Bangladesh and China).
Once you’ve set up your Singtel Dash Remit account, you enjoy the flexibility to send money overseas at competitive exchange rates and at any time you want to, as everything can done conveniently via the app without hidden fees.
#5 Earn Extra FavePay Cashback At Fave Merchants
In addition to earning Dash reward points for payments and remittance, double-up on the perks by scanning and paying with Singtel Dash at Fave merchants to simultaneously earn up to 20% FavePay instant cashback.
At present, there are over 12,000 Fave merchants islandwide. Some familiar merchants that you may be already patronising include Cedele Group, Crave, Dian Xiao Er, Food Junction, Food Republic, Japan Foods Holding, Long John Silver’s, Makisan, Manhattan Fish Market, Miniso, Mr Bean, Pezzo, SaladStop!, Tim Ho Wan, The Soup Spoon and the list goes on.
Here’s how to scan and pay at Fave merchants with Singtel Dash:
- Launch the Singtel Dash app, tap “Scan QR” and scan the SGQR code at the Fave merchant
- Enter the payment amount and confirm
- Show the confirmation screen to the merchant for verification
- To view your FavePay cashback, tap “More” followed by the “Fave” tile on the Singtel Dash app homepage
- To view transaction history, tap the “History” button on the Singtel Dash app homepage
Tip: To view your consolidated FavePay cashback earned via Singtel Dash at a glance, link your Fave account with your Dash account.
#6 Receive 10% Cashback On All Hotel Stays
If you are planning to take a well deserved vacation during the end-of-year holiday period especially with more VTLs opening up, be sure to use Dash when making your booking for a higher cashback amount. For those who are not keen on travelling, there is no shortage of hotels to go to for a relaxing staycation.
In partnership with Agoda, all hotel bookings made via the Singtel Dash app will enjoy an upsized 10% cashback (usual 5%) from now till 15 December 2021. To save even more, make payment with your Dash Visa Virtual Credit Card to earn both cashback and Dash reward points on your hotel bookings. What’s more, there are no restrictions to this cashback promotion (i.e. no blackout period or any hotel exclusion), no minimum spend and no maximum cashback limit. Agoda also offers free cancellation so you can plan your holidays with no worries.
On the Singtel Dash app homepage, tap on the “Leisure” tile to see the Agoda promotion. Find out more here.
#7 Redeem Grab, foodpanda, Sephora And Many More Vouchers
With all the Dash reward points you’ve earned, it’s now time to use them to redeem useful vouchers to offset other purchases. Available for selection are vouchers from Grab, foodpanda, Sephora and many more.
You can start redeeming the rewards you want from 1,000 Dash reward points. Check out this list of some of the current Dash rewards up for grabs:
|Dash reward points||What can you redeem?|
|1,000 Dash reward points||$2 Grab voucher|
|2,500 – 3,000 Dash reward points||● $5 Cold Storage voucher
● $5 Sheng Siong voucher
● $5 Shopee voucher
● $5 Subway voucher
|3,450 Dash reward points||Singtel 1GB data|
|5,000 Dash reward points||● $10 Sephora voucher
● $10 browhaus voucher
● $10 Dunkin’ Donuts voucher
● $10 Razer Gold voucher
|10,000 Dash reward points||● $20 SuperMom voucher
● $20 Zalora voucher
|12,500 Dash reward points||● $25 Singtel hi! Top-up|
If you’re lucky, you may even snag some vouchers that are on flash sale right now. That means less points needed to redeem your favourite vouchers.
Sign Up For Dash PET To Start Doing More With Your Money
These useful hacks to help you fully optimise Dash PET earnings and your Dash account for those who have the accounts.
In partnership with DollarsAndSense, new Dash users will enjoy up to S$20 cashback in total by using the signup referral code: DASHDS. Get $10 cashback when you sign up for Dash PET and maintain $5,000 account value by 31 December 2021. Snag additional $10 cashback when you make more eligible Dash transactions. Download Dash app now or find out more here.
- This article is written in collaboration with Singtel Dash
- The information is meant purely for informational purposes and should not be relied upon as financial advice.
- *For the first policy year, 1.30% p.a. up to S$10,000 and 0.30% p.a. for subsequent amount in Account Value. Crediting rate is non-guaranteed. Additional 0.2% p.a. to the existing 1.3% p.a. returns for your first S$10,000 Dash PET savings during the first policy year while the complimentary protection is active. Complimentary Accidental Death coverage will be offered for the same duration if you are not eligible for the free Death & Total and Permanent Disability protection. Sum assured will be based on your age and occupation.
- ^Additional interests of up to 0.25% p.a. from each activated payable add-on protection apply to the first S$10,000 account value of your active Dash PET policy.
- Dash PET is not a bank account or a fixed deposit. It is an insurance savings plan that earns a crediting interest rate. This policy is underwritten by Etiqa Insurance Pte. Ltd. (Company Reg. No. 201331905K). This advertisement is for general information only. Terms apply. Full details of the policy terms and conditions can be found in the policy contract on dash.com.sg/dashpet. Protected up to specified limits by SDIC. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the Life Insurance Association (LIA) or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or sdic.org.sg). As buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment, an early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value, if any, that is payable to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid. You should seek advice from a financial adviser before deciding to purchase the policy. If you choose not to seek advice, you should consider if the policy is suitable for you. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Information is accurate as of 23 November 2021.